
MAME: Oh, no. You said October 1st, and today is September 31st.
NORAH: No mum, today is October 1st, cursed the evil day.
MAME: That's not possible. Everyone knows thirty days has September, April, June and Nove--(to PATRICK) OH, DARLING! I'm your Auntie Mame!
~from Auntie Mame (1958)
One of my favorite movies of all time. The remake in 1974 with Lucille Ball pales in comparison to this true classic original!
September 30, 2008
The last day of September 2008. We'll never get this day back, so live it to the fullest and enjoy. Life's a banquet and most sons of bitches are starving to death!
3 comments:
I'm a wee bit ashamed to say I've never seen this movie. It's not really my genre but I just might give it a whirl just for the hell of it... ;)
I LOVE old movies (1930's-1960's) with the exception of the silent era. That's a little extreme even for me...LOL But this is a great movie. If you love off-beat humor and sarcasm then this is the one for you.
If you get a chance to watch it, please let me know how you like it.
"Stop with those damn cow bells". You get the reference once you see the movie.
all I know is...
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swiiinnggg...
dowadowadowadowadodowa dowaaaaa
Post a Comment