
Our last day in Florida.
After our talk last night, I felt good. I felt I truly knew how and what he was feeling. I got up early and started packing finding a place for everything. I must've used every square inch of my and junior's suitcases. We fixed our last breakfast of the summer: scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns. After I did the last of the dishes and threw out all unused food. We showered, dressed and checked each room and closet to make sure nothing was left behind. We pulled out of the driveway about 1 PM
We made our last stop at Walmart (I love that store!!) then headed for Orlando International Airport. It took us about 40-45 minutes to get there. We arrived around 3 PM I returned my car at National, Tonio at Avis. We met at the airport and proceeded to check our bags. We had so many snacks we took from the house it looked like we were going on a picnic. We chose an area and devoured the snacks. All the while Tonio and I were able to talk and even lightly touched on our relationship, our blogs, our friends' reaction to the break up. It was informative and what I needed to hear. We boarded the plane and prepared for take off. The flight was 2 hrs. 17 min. Once airborne, we ate more snacks and watched DirectTV. Junior opted for Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. Tonio and I shared his headphones and watched MTV. We caught the latest episode of I Want To Work For Diddy. It was hilarious!! We joked and talked like we usually do when we're together. Really enjoyed each other's company. I called my brother earlier and he was going to meet us at the airport. The timing was perfect, as soon as we landed (around 8:25 PM) my phone rang. My brother was outside. We got our baggage and headed outside. We crossed the crosswalk and said our hellos. With bags loaded we headed home. Tonio's car is parked on my block, so he was coming our way. We all talked about our trips (my brother had just come back from the Dominican Republic). The ride was fairly quick, no real traffic. My brother and junior took the bags to our house and I stayed behind to make sure Tonio got to his car okay. We both thanked each other for a great time and hugged. It felt so good to have him in my arms (however short) and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. We said our goodbyes and I dragged my bags to the house and came back out to see him off. It was starting. I was already having withdrawal symptoms. Anxiety was setting in. Now that we were back, what kind of interaction would we have? I didn't want to lose my best friend. In the back of my mind, I knew that I wouldn't. I would do any and everything I possibly can to have him back in my life.
I got junior showered and in the bed, ready for his first day back to school while I had the grueling task of unpacking.
Tonio and I spoke briefly on the phone a few minutes before midnight. Gosh, I was missing him already! Overall the vacation was a good one.
A new day is now upon me.
No comments:
Post a Comment