Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's A Boy


Let me preface this entry by saying that a very good friend of mine, DeeDee, and her husband are expecting their first child together this December. She's six months pregnant and positively glowing. I've known her for 21 years. There are 4 of us that make up the core group (Maria, Baz, DeeDee and myself). Then we have the extended family: significant others and close friends. Maria, Baz and I are in the midst of planning DeeDee's baby shower. In fact we made plans to meet this weekend to finalize the details and get things in motion. Last night I receive a call from Maria to say that DeeDee was rushed to the hospital, due to severe cramping. We then find out that she's dialated 3 centimeters. That's all her husband could tell us last night. If I wasn't sleeping before, this didn't help. I must've gotten about 2 maybe 2 and a half hours sleep last night. This morning I get a text from Dee's husband and a call from Maria saying the baby was delivered by C-Section at 3:30 AM this morning. It's a boy! He weighs just over 2 lbs. Both baby and mother are doing fine. The little one is in ICU and will be there for a few months. All morning people are texting and calling asking the status of Dee and her new bundle of joy. Maria is off today so she's gonna head to the hospital after she takes her son to the doctor; Baz is going to hospital before he heads out to work this afternoon (he works nights) and I'll be heading to the hospital after I leave work this evening. I'm so happy for Dee and husband.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! YEAH! A BOY!

Achilles said...

Yea...should've been a girl. :D

Anonymous said...

I have been following the love story for several months. Don't know either one of you, but I think you two should just get back together. It's breaking my heart.

Congrats to your friend and her husband. What a blessing.

Achilles said...

Hi Anonymous. I'm curious how did you come across the story? Your heart is breaking? What about mine?! LOL Seriously, it's been good for me to pen my thoughts and the communication with Tonio really helps. He's really a great guy. We're taking it day by day.

Achilles said...

P.S. Thanks for the Congrats. Yes it is a blessing. They are soooo happy.

Anonymous said...

I came across Tonio's blog close to a year ago via a friends cousins blog. LOL.

Achilles said...

Oh cool. He's a character, huh? :-)