
LOVE
We hear about love our whole lives. Love exists all over the world. What is love?
Lust is the initial passionate sexual desire that promotes mating, and involves the increased release of chemicals such as testosterone and estrogen. These effects rarely last more than a few weeks or months. Attraction is the more individualized and romantic desire for a specific candidate for mating, which develops out of lust as commitment to an individual mate forms. Recent studies in neuroscience have indicated that as people fall in love, the brain consistently releases a certain set of chemicals, including pheromones, dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, which act similar to amphetamines, stimulating the brain's pleasure center and leading to side-effects such as an increased heart rate, loss of appetite and sleep, and an intense feeling of excitement.
Since the lust and attraction stages are both considered temporary, a third stage is needed to account for long-term relationships. Attachment is the bonding which promotes relationships that last for many years, and even decades. Attachment is generally based on commitments such as marriage and children, or on mutual friendship based on things like shared interests. It has been linked to higher levels of the chemicals oxytocin and vasopressin than short-term relationships have.

Psychology depicts love as a cognitive and social phenomenon. Psychologist Robert Sternberg formulated a triangular theory of love and argued that love has three different components: intimacy, commitment, and passion. Intimacy is a form in which two people share confidences and various details of their personal lives. Intimacy is usually shown in friendships and romantic love affairs. Commitment, on the other hand, is the expectation that the relationship is permanent. The last and most common form of love is sexual attraction and passion. Passionate love is shown in infatuation as well as romantic love. All forms of love are viewed as varying combinations of these three components.

Following developments in electrical theories, such as Coulomb's law, which showed that positive and negative charges attract, analogs in human life were developed, such as "opposites attract".
I've felt love before (or have I?), but not like this. What I'm feeling, I haven't felt for anyone until I met and fell in love with Tonio. Not to sound cliché (too late), but you'll know when it hits you. Chances are you won't be looking for it. I wasn't. You won't be expecting it. I didn't. But it'll find you. It found me. That's how you'll know it's real. It will come upon you with no effort at all. That's how you'll know it was meant to be. It's passion, it's excitement, it's honesty, it's commitment, it's sharing, it's intimacy, it's attraction, it's caring, it's friendship, it's understanding, it's desire, it's knowing that you have a dependable person by your side for life. It's all that and more rolled into that special someone.
We hear about love our whole lives. Love exists all over the world. What is love?
Lust is the initial passionate sexual desire that promotes mating, and involves the increased release of chemicals such as testosterone and estrogen. These effects rarely last more than a few weeks or months. Attraction is the more individualized and romantic desire for a specific candidate for mating, which develops out of lust as commitment to an individual mate forms. Recent studies in neuroscience have indicated that as people fall in love, the brain consistently releases a certain set of chemicals, including pheromones, dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, which act similar to amphetamines, stimulating the brain's pleasure center and leading to side-effects such as an increased heart rate, loss of appetite and sleep, and an intense feeling of excitement.
Since the lust and attraction stages are both considered temporary, a third stage is needed to account for long-term relationships. Attachment is the bonding which promotes relationships that last for many years, and even decades. Attachment is generally based on commitments such as marriage and children, or on mutual friendship based on things like shared interests. It has been linked to higher levels of the chemicals oxytocin and vasopressin than short-term relationships have.

Psychology depicts love as a cognitive and social phenomenon. Psychologist Robert Sternberg formulated a triangular theory of love and argued that love has three different components: intimacy, commitment, and passion. Intimacy is a form in which two people share confidences and various details of their personal lives. Intimacy is usually shown in friendships and romantic love affairs. Commitment, on the other hand, is the expectation that the relationship is permanent. The last and most common form of love is sexual attraction and passion. Passionate love is shown in infatuation as well as romantic love. All forms of love are viewed as varying combinations of these three components.

Following developments in electrical theories, such as Coulomb's law, which showed that positive and negative charges attract, analogs in human life were developed, such as "opposites attract".
I've felt love before (or have I?), but not like this. What I'm feeling, I haven't felt for anyone until I met and fell in love with Tonio. Not to sound cliché (too late), but you'll know when it hits you. Chances are you won't be looking for it. I wasn't. You won't be expecting it. I didn't. But it'll find you. It found me. That's how you'll know it's real. It will come upon you with no effort at all. That's how you'll know it was meant to be. It's passion, it's excitement, it's honesty, it's commitment, it's sharing, it's intimacy, it's attraction, it's caring, it's friendship, it's understanding, it's desire, it's knowing that you have a dependable person by your side for life. It's all that and more rolled into that special someone.
4 comments:
Ditto the world over!
You betta PREACH boi!!! Could not have said it better myself!! Great post! (Of course, that's because I'm IN LOVE today...ask me again tomorrow! LOL)
XOXO
Love is Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers...
thats what love is to me.
Not the corny movie GHOST, but the song...the rise and the fall, the yearning, the begging, the pleading to God to speed the object of your affection to your arms.
I think you know what I am talking about mang ; )
~kahlua~ - Thanks! Was in real reflective mode when I wrote this. Yea its great when you're in love, but it can also give you faith when you're not. Love has taught me that life is too short and never take anything/anyone for granted.
Cas - You are so right!! I've always held that song in a high regard. The lyrics the way its sung you can hear the pleading and the pain in their voices. And yes, I know first hand of what you're saying! LOL Have a great week.
Post a Comment