I awoke this morning to a stream of sunlight hitting me in the face. The sun snuck in between the slats of my blinds. I thought I was dreaming. From what I remembered, it was supposed to rain all day. It was definitely overcast, but there was no rain to speak of-for the moment. The rain started about 3 PM and it came down in buckets! It’s expected to continue with the heaviest rain to die down around midnight and completely wind down by 5 AM tomorrow morning at the latest. All the major airports are experiencing delays.
It looks like we left Florida just in time. Hurricane Ike is set to hit the ‘sunshine state’. Gov. Charlie Crist has declared a state of emergency Friday, allowing officials to get supplies in place (drinking water, ready-to-eat meals, etc.) Shortly after the orders were announced, Ike strengthened to an extremely dangerous Category 4 storm with winds near 135 mph. Visitors to the Florida Keys were told to pack up and leave due to the threat of Hurricane Ike, swirling in the Caribbean. There will be no commercial flights to Key West starting Sunday night, and the airport won’t be reopened until the storm passes. Yea we left in the nick of time!
This is a weekend to relax and not do much. Tonio and I are dealing with our recent ‘divorce’. We still talk and call each other. The ‘friendship’ aspect is still there-as its always been. In fact the only that’s changed is the intimacy. I miss that. When I say intimacy, I’m not just talking the sexual aspect (although a month later and I feel like a virgin in a monastery-complete with chastity belt), I’m referring to the head in the lap watching TV, the holding of hands, the looking into each other eyes for hours on end, the going out to dinner-just the two of us to get away for a while, the spooning in bed with the person of your dreams, the conversations about the future: buying a house, eventually moving to start a life together, adoption, etc. The quality time and bonding that so many couples need if they are to make it. That sense of validation in the world. I’m sure you’ll agree, that if you’re fortunate enough to find that special someone who gets you, who you have so much in common with, who has your back 100% without a doubt, and hearing those three words and knowing that the person saying them means it with all their heart is the best feeling in the world. You can tackle any obstacle that may arise as long as you're in each other's corner. So yea we’re both going through it. And yea it’ll take a while before we bounce back. It’s going to be hard, and hurt like hell, but I have no doubt we'll make it through.
Alrighty then! Enough of this sappiness. Stay dry.
WORDS TO LIVE BY:
You can’t change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
2 comments:
If you both feel that way, why not get back together?
Believe me kennonp, I'd like nothing more, however I realize that there are some things in my life that I must handle first before I attempt a successful relationship. Unfortunately once I get my life together, there's no guarantee that a reconciliation will happen. Only time and God will tell. Thx for your support.
Post a Comment