Tuesday, September 02, 2008

SeaWorld Monday 9-1-08

Monday. Labor Day. Today's our last full day in Florida. We have a 5:30 PM flight back to New York. I'll be the first to tell you, I'm going to miss it. We ate breakfast, showered and headed off to SeaWorld. It was a great day for it. It was hot and humid, no clouds in the sky. We arrived around 1:40 PM. Instantly we hit the attractions: The highlights for me was the Shamu Show and the Journey to Atlantis ride. I videotaped the Shaum Show. The pool was HUGE and deep! It featured 6 trainers and about 5 whales. It was awesome! Luckily we didn't get wet. The same can't be said for the Journey to Atlantis ride. At first glance it looks like a corny kids ride. Once you go down the first drop, you think its over then you go down a darker tunnel and the second drop sneaks up on you and you get face full o' water! Yea, we got soaked. To commemorate the moment, I purchased two key chains and 4x6 photos with the fear of the impending drop frozen on my face for the world to see. We headed back home around 7-ish. Before we left, cleaned the pound of shrimp I bought last week at the Winn Dixie and seasoned some steak. I wanted a good last dinner at the house. We had sauteed shrimp with old bay, broiled steak, pasta, garlic bread and salad. It was delicious (if I do say so myself). I put junior to be earlier than he had been going. School starts day after tomorrow and I want him to get his rest. The summer had officially come to an end. Tonio and I stayed up and watched Second Hand Lions and To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar Once the movies were over, it was around 2:00 AM. Tonio headed for bed, and I was fighting the feeling to have a quick talk with him. I had been practicing what I was going to say, but when I approached him to initiate the talk, I got tongue-tied.I finally got out what I wanted to say. I basically thanked him for the week, for the time spent together and told him, I never meant to hurt him and that I still loved him and was in love with him very much and that I was glad to have my best friend in my life. I told him that I wanted him to let me 'be there' for him as best friends do. If that's what I could have, that's what I would take. I also told him that I don't believe we went through all this to have it end this way, but that was me. I was prepared to leave getting that off my chest when he asked could he respond. We talked for about an hour. He went into details about that fateful night of his birthday being the straw that broke the camel's back. When he painstakingly pointed out what had been bothering him, I saw instantly what he saw and felt what he felt. I couldn't believe that I hadn't seen it sooner. It hurt me to the core, that my actions hurt him. He's always been there for me and in my corner in every aspect in my relationship. He's helped me feel comfortable with myself, with my life. In the end he had to be true to himself and chose not to lose himself in our relationship. Realizing that we needed some sleep, I thanked him for the talk and wished him a good night. I went to bed a little sad. For seeing how I had hurt him (unintentional) but hurt him just the same. G'nite.

No comments: