Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Monday



Another Monday, another mess. I get up on time, since my clothes are ironed so I don’t waste time on that. Walking to the train, I’m heated (left my iPod at work on Friday so I’m music-less). I get on the train, find my usual corner and knock out. As the train started to leave 180th Street, it started going slower and slower. That should’ve been my sign. By the time we hit 149th Street, I hear an annoying, inaudible, mechanical voice telling all the annoyed ‘Monday morning’ passengers that due to an “incident” on 14th Street, there are no downtown trains on the express track. The #5 that I was on was going down the 7th Avenue track. Great! Normally I would’ve gotten off and fought my way up the stairs, around the corner to the #4 train, but today-not a chance. I didn’t care what time I got to work, so I stayed put. A 45 minute ride turned into a 90+ minute ride. I finally got off at 42nd Street. Instead of Grand Central, it was Time Square.

Like salmon swimming upstream, I fought my way to the shuttle and was transported to the east side. Since I was running late, I decided to really take my time and stop for breakfast and Men’s Wearhouse. By the time I reached my desk it was a few minutes to 9 AM, as my normal start time is 8 AM-I didn't miss much. I came in, started my computer and began my day. Here's to another week.

No comments: