Back to the grind. At least I was off today. I knew! It would take me at least a day to unpack, put things away and prepare for the work day.
I got up around 7:15 AM, got junior up, ironed his clothes and packed his bookbag, got him to school, took him to his class and got his supply list from his teacher. From there I went to Staples, got his supplies, hit the bank, got his uniform, got my haircut and then headed home. I got back around 11:15 AM.
Once back home, I ate something and tried to commit to finish the unpacking. It took me until like 4:30 - 5:00 PM to finally put the last stick of clothes away. I then rearranged the pics I took from the trip and posted them on Picasa. Next thing I know it's time to get junior from afterschool and it's official...I'm back in the grind! Tomorrow I head back to work. I could stand another couple of days off!
Finished eating dinner, did the dishes and got my son's things ready for school and will iron my clothes to get ready for work.
Tonio and I spoke during the day, just to see how each other was doing. It's barely 24 hours since I last saw him and already, in the pit of my stomach there's this empty feeling. After any other break-up, yeah I'd be depressed, upset, angry, whatever, but a month later and I'd be healing. I'd be okay. And as far as I'm concerned it hurts as much as that first day, not to be with him. This lets me know that what we have is something special. I don't believe God has brought us to each other, learned so much from each other and allowed us to step out of our comfort zones just to have it end like this. If we can get through this, we can and will get through anything that life can throw our way. We are that strong. Like the gospel songs says:
I don't feel noways tired
I've come to far from where I started from
Nobody told me that the road would be easy
I don't believe He's brought me this far to leave me
In my heart of hearts I know we are the perfect couple. We are good for each other. His ying to my yang. My bacon to his eggs. His peanut butter to my jelly. (Get your minds out the gutter!) Seriously, this is a wake up call for me. This is someone that I cherish, respect and love. I've learned with this relationship it's best to be over attentive that not attentive enough.
I'm going to pray on this. I'm going to ask the Lord to open up both our hearts and if it's meant to be, He will help us find the way.
I love the Lord
He heard my cry
And pitied every groan
Long as I live
And troubles rise
I'll hasten to His throne
Time to get junior into bed and get ready for my first day back...G'nite.
No comments:
Post a Comment