You're more likely to meet lifelong friends when you're young. The older you get, the harder it is to trust people with all the life experience you've gained. The more established you become you may begin to question why is this person friends with me? Is it because of my job, my wealth, my position, who I know? After a certain age you're not as trusting; life has hardened you. It gets harder to trust, but it's not impossible. I've been very fortunate. Three years ago I met someone who has turned out to be one of my, if not my very best friend. Yes, I'm talking about Tonio.
Long story short: We spoke last night. Although he's flattered and loves the ring. He said it doesn't sit right with him. He can't accept it. He said I may not understand why he can't...but I do. That's one of the many reasons, I love him. I will always love him. And I'm fortunate to have my best friend in my life again.
2 comments:
The feeling is mutual...you're the best...really...I'm here.
And you know I ain't going anywhere! At the risk of sounding like 'Effie White', you get the gist of what I'm saying, right? LOL Love you!
Post a Comment