
I must’ve been really tired this morning. I remember getting to the train station, finding my favorite two-seater, putting on my headphones and that’s all she wrote. I may recall the person next to me getting off at their stop, but vaguely. The next thing I know my eyes are stuck together (damn contacts) and I hear, ‘Next stop, 14th Street”. My whole body tightened as I shot up from a sitting position so I wouldn’t miss my stop. People looked at me like I had two heads-I didn’t care. I was not going to go downtown only to come back up. I just made it off the train and up the stairs. As usual something was going on in Grand Central. There was only one escalator bank working, the other was blocked off. Not wanting to get stepped on or shoved, I made an exit-stage left and walked around. I don’t normally go this way, but took in the sites. There was a homeless man singing gospel music, two kids giving their mother a hard time, Rite Aid and a few places to get breakfast. I stopped at the Hot & Crusty (I know - what a name) and got an everything bagel, toasted with butter and headed in to work. I’m walking up across from 42nd to 47th , thinking I’m all together this morning. I notice people looking at me. I’m feeling good. It wasn’t until I had gotten to my desk that I realized the butter from those cheap-azz bags had dripped all over my pants and shoes. It wasn't bad, a couple of small drops. I was heated! No wonder people were looking at me, they were like ‘what a dirty slob!’ What’s a person to do? I cleaned everything off, logged in and began my day.
Tonight is a treat. I’m heading to Shea Stadium to watch the Mets play. This should be a good game. More on that later…
Tonight is a treat. I’m heading to Shea Stadium to watch the Mets play. This should be a good game. More on that later…
No comments:
Post a Comment