Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's a Good Day




Thursday. September 25th. Shea Stadium. There is a Mets game today. I saw the tickets myself AND I have them in my possession, so no more mix-ups. LOL We're going to try this again. After work, Tonio, my brother and I are going to head out to Queens and see the Mets play the Cubs. As luck would have it, it's supposed to rain this evening-so I don't know where that'll leave us, but I'm optimistic. I also brought a jacket, this weather is no joke!! The cold is slowly creeping up. For now, it's just enough to make your fingertips cold and give you the sniffles. Now is when you need to bundle up before the weather really drops. Before you know it, people will be sporting leather jackets, wool coats, down coats, scarves, hats and gloves. It'll be winter and the single digits are sure to follow. I get a chill just thinking about it. So let's enjoy what we have, while we have it.


Aside from that all is well. Junior is liking school. He feels challenged by his 4th grade responsibilities and is doing well. I'm taking things day-by-day and enjoying life and all that it has to offer. The job is going well, I couldn't be happier.

I've met some really great people here and I'm thankful to have a job that I actually enjoy.


I'm grateful to have positive people in my life-some new, some old. But most of all I'm happy and grateful to be alive. God is great!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

rain and cold be damned...I had a great time! PLAY BALL!!!

Achilles said...

Yes, the wind and the rain made it a little uncomfortable, but it was all good! I still can't believe $8.50 for a beer!!! WTF?!