Sleeping on the couch wasn't as uncomfortable as it may sound. I didn't have two small feet in my kidneys in the middle of the night. LOL I awoke around 9 AM. Tonio and junior got up about a half hour later. Breakfast was next. We both fixed scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, toast-it was delicious. It was cloudy and drizzling on and off. About noon, I decided to let junior get in the pool. He had been asking all day. The sun was peeking through the clouds and I figured, now would be as good a time as any before the rain really started. He grabbed his googles and snorkel and finally put his face in the water. He was nervous about doing so, but he did. I was so proud of him for attempting to tackle his fear. I had to take pictures. Tonio and I were encouraging him on the lanai. We were sitting on the chairs right beside the pool. The weather had been messing with my sinuses, so I asked Tonio to watch him for a minute while I went to get a tissue. Normally I would have had him come out the pool until I returned. But he said ok, and I went to the bathroom. I was gone less than a minute, as I walked back, junior was crying and Tonio had him tight under his arm. I asked what happened, apparently the float junior was on got away from him and he panicked and I'm sure freaked out. Tonio jumped in and rescued him. I was freaked myself, but didn't want to show it as this would only heighten junior's fear. I played it cool and thanked Tonio for being there.
The rest of the day was relaxful. We ate lunch shortly after and watched more movies. We watched Ruthless People and Spanglish. Spanglish was a good movie, it was really good. Not what I expected but I really enjoyed it. Adam Sandler was good in it.
For the rest of the day, we talked, cracked jokes, watched television/movies and just had a great time. Outside the weather changed from cloudy, to rainy, to sunny, to partly cloudy to rainy. Hurricane Gustav was making its way toward New Orleans and we were getting some of the fall out.
For dinner, we both wanted something light, so we decided on chicken salad. The chicken was baked and seasoned well. The salad consisted or lettuce, cucumbers, white onions and spinach. It was delicious. Since Friday, Tonio and I took turns cooking, cleaning, doing dishes -It reminded me of being at his place for the weekends; when junior and I would stay over. It seemed like old times. So much of me wanted to never leave this 'time', this place. But I knew it was like a spell that would be broken in two days. Things would go back to normal. We would be back in New York. Apart from each other. These last few days of texting, talking on the phone and now being with him again, got my emotions revved up. During the end of Spanglish (being the emotional wreck that I am-lol) I started crying. I quickly extinguished the tears. I had to run to the bathroom before it got out of hand. I think my son caught me, but I played it off. Was I losing my mind?? Was it that time of the month?? LOL Oh yeah, you didn't know? Men get their period, they just don't bleed!!
With the end of our vacation fast approaching we discussed hitting Sea World tomorrow. We checked the hours (9AM - 9PM) and prices. Weather permitting we would head out in the morning and have a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment