
Here we are, another Monday. The 3rd Monday in a row, that something's gone awry; that's three for three. All was going good. I was running late, but that was my fault. The train was on time. I even run into a girl that works at the job. Her hair is always done to perfection and her long nails painted (toes included-and I could tell because she had on flip-flops)! She always has me laughing and that makes my day. (P.S. - If you're reading this: we'll be on time one of these days.) The ride was without incident and as we arrived at Grand Central, the crowd exited the train like human beings. Of course the escalator wasn't working (from now on I won’t mention it, I’ll only mention if it is working!), so I made my usual exit-stage left detour and decided to get an everything bagel with butter at Hot & Crusty (BIG mistake)! I get the bagel and make my way to the job. I take out my ID to show the security guard and she looks down. I pay it no mind, as she has a bit of an attitude anyway. I get in the elevator. When the door closes, because there's a mirror, you can see yourself. Not being narcissistic, I take a look and see my pants and gasped out loud. For the record, I was so glad there was no one in the elevator with me. There's melted butter all down the side of my right leg and some on the left and my suit jacket. I look like a sick Dalmatian. I was enraged!! By the time I got to my desk, I threw the bagel in the garbage and waited for my co-worker to get in, so I could dash out and buy a pair of pants. It's got to get better...
4 comments:
Just another manic Monday...LOL
I'm so sorry this happened to you...I'd be shocked to see ya' that way too, but since I'm always later than you are and with a tougher attitude than the morons I ride with, I'll have to take a look-see after 10a.m.
Try to have a better day happy boi.
I will, thanks. It could always be worse, right? My pants could have gotten caught in the escalator and ripped my entire right pants leg off. I would've looked like figure skater, Sasha Cohen in the latest outfit. ;-)
you need to wear a big elmo bib when you eat ... that should work : )
Happy Monday : )
LOL I read your comment and laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. That would've been great. Butter and urine. Let me explain that to the dry cleaners!
Post a Comment