Saturday, August 09, 2008

Omne initium est difficile

It's been a rough week. So glad it's over. Now to adjust to the beginning of this part of my life. It's going to take some time to adjust to changes. Going from an "us" to a "I". I've got to get used to: Not automatically dialing his number when I get home - Not hearing his laugh, when he cracks his colorful jokes - Not talking on the phone with him for hours about everything and nothing - No planning what to do for the upcoming weekend - No holding his hand while he drives - No IM'ing him on the BlackBerry - No more feeling his body lay next to mine in a sound sleep while his snoring jars him awake in the middle of the night. The list could go on and on. It's going to be hard, but the journey of 1,000 miles starts with just one step at a time.

On a lighter note, The Olympics 2008 kicked off this evening in Beijing. The opening ceremony was awesome. Such color, such choreography. I was able to watch some of it. It was very well put together flawlessly executed!

Pat Forde of ESPN.COM had to say this about it, "BEIJING -- One world, one dream.
One hell of a show.
The only people who didn't enjoy the awe-inspiring Opening Ceremony of the XXIX Olympic Summer Games had to be the folks with the London Olympic organizing committee. They host the 2012 Summer Games, meaning they have to follow the greatest show on Earth -- and, for my yuan, the greatest show in Opening Ceremony history."


My eyes are a little heavy, but hopefully I'll finish my latest book,

7th Heaven
by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

and fall asleep.

This is the first weekend...without him.




Yes, every beginning is difficult

No comments: