Sunday, August 31, 2008

Saturday, August 30, 2008


As usual, I awoke before either of the guys. I started ironing both my clothes and junior's clothes. Tonio walked into the laundry room and scared me. He was so quiet I didn't hear him. I told him junior and I would leave about 9:30 AM to meet with his cousin's friend. The weather was hot and humid and partly cloudy. Junior woke up, ate his breakfast and quickly dressed. We gathered up some snacks (plums, nectarines, peanut butter crackers) and shuffled off to US 192 & John Young Parkway. It was easier than I thought. The intersection was about ten minutes from the turn-off onto Pleasant Hill Road (coming from the airport). I stopped off at the bank, withdrew some money and headed for Walgreens. We got there early. About 10:15 AM. We got out and walked around waiting for our contact guy. At precisely 10:30 AM, my cell phone rang, it was him. He was in the parking lot. I told him our location, he walked over to us and said hello. It was the same guy from last year. He gave me a hug and started talking in spanish. I told him I spoke very little, but it went over his head-he continued speaking. I thanked him again for helping us out and gave him the $80 for both our tickets. He gave me two passes to the Disney theme parks. Shortly after we were on our way.

It was a quick ride. I decided that since we did Walt Disney World last year and the year before, we should do Disney's Hollywood Studios first this year, then hit the Magic Kingdom. After all the tickets we had was a park hoppers pass (we could go to any of the parks through out the day). We hit the Hollywood Studios, parked the car then hit the trolley to the entrance of the park. Once inside, we checked all around. It dawned on me that I hadn't eaten so we stopped to eat. I had a tasteless hamburger and junior had (his favorite) chicken nuggets. Now off to the rides. I wanted to go on the Twilight Zone Hotel of Terror, but you-know-who was not having it! It was a 60 foot freefall drop, I can't blame him. So we went on other rides such as:
While waiting for the Star Tours attraction the sky opened up and it rained. I mean coming down in buckets!! Good thing the attraction was indoors. At the end of the attraction, I bought junior a Star Wars toy and two ponchos to try and stay somewhat dry. Ou next attraction and it was indoors as well. We headed for the Indiana Jones stunt show. Since this was a live show, and it was lightning and thundering outside, two of the three shows associated with the attraction could not be done. Only viewing the first one, (it was over in 6 minutes) we went from attraction to attraction trying to find one that would keep his interest and keep us busy. After a while it was my favorite time: souvenir shopping! Knowing how much Tonio loves coffee, junior and I bought him a Disney mug. I quickly scooped up some more souvenirs, then decided what to do next. We tried to wait out the rain, but it was intense. Junior asked if we could leave, this I had to agree. Because of the heavy rain, you couldn't enjoy anything else. We got our last bits of the Disney experience in, then headed for the tram. This took us to the parking lot and headed home. We followed US Interstate 192 to International Drive. Drove straight down til I saw Poinsiana and took that left (there was a restaurant on the corner). This took us to the front of the complex (K gas station and 7 Eleven), went straight and followed this to Trafalgar Village and made a left into the complex.

I was feeling good, it took me about 35 minutes to get from the park to home. I was finally getting a feel for the roads of Florida. Tonio had dinner just about completed by the time we got home. We told him out of day in the downpour and gave him his present. We stayed up late watching movies Torch Song Trilogy and Be Cool. Torch Song Trilogy, really hit a chord with relationships and the way people live their lives and their interaction with their family. We didn't go to bed until around 2:30 AM or so. Checking the weather, I saw that tomorrow would be another rainy day.

No comments: