Thursday, August 14, 2008

11:49

After a week of no communication, we finally spoke this evening. Tonio and I spoke for 11 minutes and 49 seconds. We ironed out the details for Florida. Because he lives in an area where there's alternate side of the street parking, he's still going to park by me and not have to worry about getting a ticket. I brought up the keys to his apartment that I have, he laughed a said he can get that when we're in Florda. He still has one of my suitcases, I offered to give him the lock and key for it. He's going to give me the code to the house in Florida. (The houses in the complex where we're staying doesn't use keys. They use a four-digit numerical code.)

The house belongs to a friend of his. He let us stay last year, and now this year-even though this will be a little different. He asked for the master bedroom, complete with its own bathroom and jacuzzi. My son and I have the pick of the other three bedrooms. The house is extremely spacious. Of course we'll run into each other but I don't think it'll be bad (fingers crossed). He made it clear he didn't want to go to Universal Studios with us, but he did say he did want to go to Sea World as he's never been and if we wanted to go together that would be fine. Knowing that the baby would start to miss him, not spending a lot of time together like we did last year, made me smile at the offer. Hopefully the baby will be unaware that anything's "different" between us. It's hard enough for a break up between two people, but when there are kids involved, it makes it even harder for them. I feel bad for Tonio as he has two people he must detach himself from. It's bittersweet. One the one hand, we get to see each other away from New York, in a tranquil setting, but on the other hand, when we do return home, will there be much interaction/communication between us? Something I don't want to think about now. Let me at least enjoy our vacation.

In three days Tonio will be on a cruise with his friends. They planned this for over a year. Before we became serious. That following Saturday I head to my brother's house in Jacksonville for four days, then my son and I head to Orlando, to the house. Three days later, Tonio will fly into Orlando. It was perfectly planned. It was going to be a GREAT time. We were so looking forward to it. That was before it happened. What was going to be 'The Great Vacation of '08', will still be great, just not great. I know, semantics.

The countdown begins...

No comments: