Wow, I've missed a whole day (yesterday). But it's all good-I was taking care of business. For the past week I've been going over everything that's happened over the last few weeks and "reflecting". I've been busy in the last week. A) Conferred with a lawyer to go over my rights regarding my son B) Had a nice, long talk with Moms. (Early on she kept asking me "what's wrong?". She asked me one time too many and I broke it down for her. I'm sure it's not what she was expecting, but I told her what was on my mind. She was a little surprised at first, but hey this is my life and she may not like it. She may not agree with it, BUT she has to respect it or lose out on her son's and grandson's life.) C) Got a couple of other things in order. I basically took inventory of my life. What it was. How it is. What I want it to be. This past week, I did some growing. Had to put some things in perspective. A big mistake I made in the past, was trying to make everyone else happy and in doing so, I lost the man that I am so in love with. What really hurt me to the core is knowing that I hurt him. As a result change is a comin'. Some minor changes and some major changes. All good I assure you. I'm embracing this life and who I am. Going to live my life. We're not here for long, so we've got to make the best of it. I knew I had to grow, had to stretch my wings. The lyrics to Boys to Men by New Edition put it best:
Growing up can be a pain
Youre not an man until you come of age
We've given up our teenage years
In the effort to pursue our career
Who assumes responsibility
Of having to support our families
Who's protecting us from harm
Is there anyone around
That we can trust
So we search for answers to our questions,
Looking for answers
No answers but were taught a lesson everytime
Through mistakes we've learned to gather wisdom
Life's responsibility falls in our hands
Keep on learning, Keep on growing
'Cause wisdom helps us understand
We're maturing
Without knowing
These are the things that change boys to men
Oh the goals we set may exceed reality
Cause failure always a possibility
Who can tell us that were wrong
Its up to us to figure out
What life is all about
So we search for answers to questions
Looking for the answers
No answers but were taught a lesson everytime
Through mistakes we've learned to gather wisdom
'Cause wisdom helps us see our responsibility
Now I'm prepared to thoroughly enjoy myself in Florida-that was until that damned Tropical Storm Fay started showing her azz!! My mother doesn't like flying so she was supposed to take Amtrak to Jacksonville to my brothers'. I say was, because the trains were cancelled for yesterday, today and tomorrow. Now I leave Saturday (by plane) so we have to find an alternate way for them to get down there before I leave! See, she never listens to me. I told her she should've taken a plane from the beginning, but noooooooooo. And now look. Oh well, what's done is done. Now I just have to work from there.
Still going through withdrawals.... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment