(Yeah, I'm still in McDonald's getting my darn money's worth)
After talking with Tonio last night, that put me in relaxed mode (as it always does). I figured I'd watch television and fall out. Junior knocked off early which was surprising, but when you think about it, he's had a long couple of days. About 1 AM I pried myself from the couch and got into the bed. We're in the same bedroom we were in last year. I think I'm going to use the other two bedrooms (there are four altogether) during my stay this year. This may be my last time in this house and I want to be able to say I've slept in all the bedroom. :-) Resting comfortably and having good dreams, I stir in my sleep as i hear a faint sound. I'm in a deep sleep so I can't make out what the sound is. I wake up, it's pitch black outside. I'm not sure if what I'm hearing is an alarm or what. At first I think it could sound like a garbage truck, but it sounds too loud to be outside. Then I realize its coming from inside the house. Junior is out for the count, so he doesn't hear anything. I get up and still in a daze, walk from room to room to find out what that blaring sound is. It sounds like an alarm of some sort. I start to think did I set off the alarm? I didn't remember an alarm last year. I'm walking around the house with one eye open, one eye closed, head still full of sleep. Then it hit me...it was the alarm clock in the master bedroom. The doors were wide open with an almost teasing green glare toying with me. It had the most annoying sound I think I've ever heard. That wasn't even what bothered me the most, what bothered me was that once I was able to isolate what that sound was, it took me about another 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the damned thing off! The clock itself was so small, yet had all these buttons that didn't seem to do anything. I felt like yanking it from the wall and smashing it into the wall across the room. I'm going to blame me being jolted ot of my sleep for the length of time it took to figure out how to turn the alarm off. LOL
It was about 6:15 AM or so when I kept staring at the clock in hopes of turning it off. Once that shrill sound had dissolved, I went back to sleep the instant my head hit the pillow. Got up again around 9:00, junior was up watching TV. I fixed breakfast and just relaxed. Our plans for the day, ultra chill mode. We are going to the clubhouse in this complex. They have movies, computers, games, a gym, etc.
The clubhouse (as its called) is the sales office that has a lot of amenities. It has a huge pool with small hot tub, video games, two billiard tables, "business center" (that did not work - hence my azz is at Mickey D's paying for Wi-Fi), and a full gym that I will take full advantage of starting tomorrow. I took some pics via the BlackBerry and sent them to Tonio. He sounded psyched. We had wanted to do the gym last year, but didn't have a chance. I'm definitely going to get my workout on!
Today was cool. I was more tired than I thought. I took a long nap while junior watched TV. His nap day was yesterday. After coming back from the clubhouse (and my 'beauty nap'), we hit the road. Since the street we're on runs in a vicious circle, I decided to travel all 5 ways into the complex and drove a few miles in each direction just to familiarize myself with the area. Genuis I know. Trying to find an internet cafe, and unable to find out, the little one was hungry so we pulled into a mall. I didn't want to eat any food that I can get in NY, but it seemed like we were out of luck. Junior also had to use the bathroom, so we ducked into a McDonald's. We come out of the bathroom when I see in the lobby, "Wi-Fi Here". I grabbed my laptop out the Highlander and bought some food and loaded up. I charged my credit card the $2.95 and here I am. Today is my baby brother's birthday (in NY). We called him up to wish him a happy. His girlfriend was at the house fixing him dinner (and dessert too I'm sure..., nasty) Hahahaha We're about 20 minutes from home. The rest of the night will be watching movies, and doing the father-son bonding thing.
Since the directions were fresh in my head, I sent them to Tonio who will be here on Friday morning. We spoke earlier this afternoon for a bit. He just doesn't realize how much I miss him and the sound of his voice puts me at ease. He has this laugh that cracks me up. (Yea I know, don't say it!!) Anyway. About to head out and back 'home' to the complex. Gonna take pictures tomorrow in the daylight and add them later. I checked my camera and found out that junior took pictures of me by the pool. This is why I need to hit that gym. I could of sworn I heard someone across the house say, "There's Shamu!". More to come.
Here's a song for you. This is the kind of mood I'm in. ;-) Enjoy. G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment