Thursday, August 14, 2008

7even Days

9:00 AM and I'm tired! I went to bed pretty early (for me). I do know at one point I felt I was getting some good rest, then suddenly for no reason at all I jumped up out of my sleep at 5:19 AM. Nothing was wrong. My son was still soundly asleep. No loud noises, nothing stirring except me. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. Tired of fighting the restlessness, I started my day earlier than usual and prepared to get ready for work. For some reason I felt extra down today. Then it hit me, today is seventh day that I haven't spoken to nor seen Antonio. It was exactly seven days ago last Thursday that we had that big blow out. Could this be why I couldn't sleep? I didn't think so, but then again the subconscious mind is no joke. With its hidden levels of awareness-I wouldn't be surprised. I'm feeling a new sense of loss. It's been exactly a week and I'm missing him terribly. I'm sure you've experienced what I'm experiencing at some point in your life with someone who was very special to you. I know it will take time.

I'm on the train and of course I turn to my iPod to drown out the irritating and droning noised that only the NYC subway can have. Feeling down, I turn to Motown and my favorite ladies, The Supremes and drift off to another world while listening to My World Is Empty Without You

My world is empty without you, babe
My world is empty without you, babe
And as I go my way alone, I find it hard for me to carry on
I need your strength, I need your tender touch
I need the love, my dearI miss so much

My world is empty without you, babe
My world is empty without you, babe

From this old world I try to hide my face
But from this loneliness, there's no hiding place
Inside this cold and empty house I dwell
In darkness with memories, I know so well
I need love now more then before, I can hardly carry on anymore

My mind and soul have felt like this, since love between us no more exist
And each time that darkness falls, it finds me alone with these four walls

No comments: