Well I got out of the house today, if only to do the dreaded laundry. Actually I don't mind. I awoke to find I had a message on my phone, without looking I knew it wasn't Antonio - it wasn't. It was T. He sent me an email (and just like I called it) with 45 pictures from his day at Fire Island for Black Pride. He got some good shots too! The guys in it were old, young, tall, short, nice bodies, not-so-nice bodies. The mood seemed tranquil and fun. Glad he had a good time.
I'm at the laundry, listening to my iPod waiting for the dryers to stop. I have my Broadway show tunes playing and I'm jammin', mouthing the words and then this song comes on. Again it made my mind drift back. What song was it? Seasons of Love from the Original Broadway Play, RENT. Why did it remind me of Tonio, because of the lyrics (of course) "How do you measure a year?" It's been (over) a year since we've been together, "In Daylights - In SunsetsIn Midnights - In Cups Of Coffee". Yea, Tonio is an avid coffee drinker. "How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love." Need I say more? I smiled as the song played. Just another memory that I have, that no one will ever be able to take from me. At least there's comfort in that.
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Moments So Dear
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
How Do you Measure - Measure A Year ?
In Daylights - In Sunsets - In Midnights - In Cups Of Coffee
In Inches - In Miles - In Laughter - In Strife, In -
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
How Do You Measure A Year In The Life
How About Love ? How About Love ? How About Love ?
Measure In Love
No comments:
Post a Comment