Today was a relax day. My last week before vacation. In six days I'll be in Florida. The major things tackled today were: laundry/food shopping/cleaning up-and in that order. While cleaning, I put in season four of Will & Grace. The episode where Grace tells her boyfriend Nathan (Woody Harrelson) she loved him and I started crying. Who the hell cries from Will & Grace?? I had to check myself. The emotions were slipping out like ten pounds of rice in a five pound bag. Next up was Friends. Watching Ross and Rachel argue and fight because Rachel declared she was over Ross and he heard it on his answering machine and replied (hysterically I might add), "You're over me? When were you under me?" Knowing that they were perfect for each other but didn't get together got the tears flowing again. This lasted a little longer. After one disc, I couldn't take anymore. Next I thought I'd watch the latest DVD I purchased but haven't had a chance to look at. That DVD was Rent. MISTAKE! As I watched it for the first time, I boo-hooed like a baby. "I'll Cover You", "Without You" and "Seasons of Love", took me over the edge! LOL Eyes puffy, nose stuffy, red like a lobster (which isn't a hard task from the get-go).
What started yesterday as a sniffle (in comparison to today), escalated into a full fledge cry-fest. All morning my emotions were off the meter. The littlest things made me cry. I cried when something was sad. I cried when something was funny. I cried when something was good. I cried when something was bad. It was a real emotional meltdown. At one point, junior (my son) caught me and asked what was wrong. I told him I was watching a sad movie and it made me cry. He gave me a hug, which only made the crying more intense. He hugged me tighter and gave me a kiss. That made my day. After the 'storm' subsided, I finished straightening up and just took it easy. I felt like the slightest thing could set me back-and I didn't want that. Especially in front of junior.
Song lyrics | Without You lyrics
No comments:
Post a Comment