Messing around with the laptop, I was finally able to get a signal (however weak) from the house. So I immediately opened up an entry for Thursday. Junior is three sheets to the wind (another way of saying asleep). I wish I could say that. Unable to sleep (so much on my mind), I tried reading, watching TV, nothing is making me tired. I even tried a midnight swim in the pool, but that just made me horny! :-o
Today's the day. I affectionately refer to it as Gay Day. I'm going to sit down with junior and explain to him (fundamentally) straight and gay families. I want him to be able to look back on this day and realize that I was being upfront with him and hoping as he goes down life, will be upfront with me in all that he does. I want him to ask my advice on things, question anything he's unsure of. I believe he's old enough to talk about the basics. He's surely going to hear about it from classmates (if he hasn't already in a much vulgar and one-sided view), so I want him to hear the correct way from me, his father. It's a little scary for me, but something I've put off too long. I feel this is a good time. We're both away from NY. We've been bonding the last few days. This is something he will be able to go back to and remember when he's older. How dad taught me about the gay birds and the gay bees. LOL
So far Florida has been relaxing and peaceful. It's been good for clearing my head and focusing.
No comments:
Post a Comment