Flight 611 out of JFK Airport (New York to Jacksonville) started boarding around 8:10 AM. By the time my row was called it was about 8:25 AM. The plane sped up and we finally took off at 9:00 AM. For the most part, the flight was smooth. Once we hit the Orlando area, Fay was showin' out a little. Rain was cascading off the windows as we started to descend. It got a little bumpy, but it only lasted for about ten minutes if that. All in all the flight was a good one. JetBlue was the choice of airlines. I enjoyed watching the DirectTV. Nothing else caught my interest...until I found TVLand that is. Double episodes of The Addams Family, Leave It To Beaver and I Love Lucy took up two hours and made the 1 Hour, 55 Minute flight quick. Sitting at the front of the plane and having a small carry on bag, I was quickly out the door once we landed and went down the escalator to retrieve my larger suitcase and head out to the waiting area. The humidity in the Florida air greeted me like an old friend. I knew I wasn't in New York any longer. I texted my brother to let him know I was here and waiting by Gate A. He replied, he was ten minutes away. My vacation has begun.
A black Ford Expedition rolled up and my brother jumped out to greet me. With suitcases in tow, I greeted my sister-in-law and my niece and nephew. Gosh, it had been two years since I last saw them. My niece would be eight years old in a couple of months and my nephew just turned three. We talked a bit, the drove to their two-story apartment about fifteen minutes away. My brother went to work shortly after, while the rest of us hit the mall. What a day this was going to be. It felt so good to be away from home. I did miss my son though. He and my mother would be leaving early next morning (traveling by Amtrak) so they would not arrive until early Monday morning. The bad thing about it is the next day, junior and I would be leaving for Orlando. He would only have a day to enjoy his visit with his aunt, uncle and cousins. Oh well, we'd just have to make the best of it.
The day was cool. My sister-in-law and I talked, did some catching up. She cooked dinner. Can I just say that she outdid herself. That meal won hands down over any restaurant we could have chosen to eat at. We had cous-cous, asparagus tips with fresh garlic and olive oil, pan-friend steak with teriyaki sauce and cajun shrimp. Normally the cajun would have been too much for me, but the seasoning she used had just the right blend of spices. It was delicious!! That and a nice ice cold glass of Pepsi, made the meal superb! Hey, normally it would have been water or diet drink, but I was on vacation! Throw caution to the wind.
Tonio and I spoke via email and texting. Because he was in international waters, his phone service wasn't working, so all he could do was text/email. It was good to hear from him. Again, it reminded me of the back and forth we used to do on a daily basis with out BlackBerrys. Okay, okay, I won't go on-but it felt good. I thought by now I wouldn't still feel as strongly as I did, but I was wrong. That's true love for you. In my heart of hearts, I know he'll always be the one. The one for me. The love of my life. I know this sounds crazy, but that line from Ne-Yo's song Sexy Love, his touch really did make the hairs on my neck stand up. He's the only one that can make me feel that way.
Wow, okay-I digress.
The rest of the night, we'll probably just talk and watch a movie or so. Well have a good night and we'll do this again tomorrow. G'nite.
No comments:
Post a Comment