With butterflies in my stomach at the thought of seeing Tonio today, it was a disappointment when he sent an email and asked if it were easier to leave the luggage key with security and he would pick it up. I thought, "Ok. I can deal". I put the key in an envelope with his name and proceeded to leave the key at the front desk, but security said they couldn't accept anything at the lobby. I thought, this is fate. I haven't seen him in over a week. Damn, I miss him so much. I called him on the phone and told him, he said he'd be right down. As I waited, those butterflies turned into giant bats! He came down, walked over and picked up the envelope and said "Thanks". At least I think he did. His mouth moved, I don't know what he said, because I was so happy to seem him, nothing else mattered at that second. I thought everyone around me could hear my heart beating. I said something like "See you later". We turned and went our separate ways.
If it didn't bother me so much, I could get over it. If I didn't care for him so much, I'd be like fugeddaboudit. If I didn't think we were so good for each other, it wouldn't hurt so much. If we didn't compliment each other so, it would be no big deal. If I didn't think we could make each other happy, I wouldn't be so sad. If I wasn't so head over heels, I could easily walk away. If I didn't still love him so much, I'd be like f*ck him. But I do.
Our friends think we're opposites
Falling in and out of love
They all said we'd never last
Still we manage to stay together
There's no easy explanation for it
But whenever there's a problem
We always work it out somehow
Work it out somehow
Chorus
They said it wouldn't last
We had to prove them wrong
'cause I've learned in the past
That love will never do without you
Other guys have tried before
To replace you as my lover
Never did I have a doubt
Boy it's you I can't do without
I feel better when I have you near me
'cause no other love around
Has quite the same ooh ooh
Like you do do do do babe
Chorus
2 comments:
Hey Salt! LOL!!! I Luv this song and it is appropriate for the message. Somebody has to make the first move. You can not have an unmoveable object and an irresistable force. I know it sounds like a line from a comic book lol. I know thinks will work out one way or the other and I know you'll be alright either way. I know this because I know who you are. You're my best friend.
Hey Pepper! LOL I know. I think since everything was so fresh and new that it was awkward and neither of us didn't know what to say. Things will work out, I know this. Thanks for being in my corner.
Post a Comment