Bamberger's, Alexander's, Crazy Eddie??? Maybe it's because i'm from the SOuth, but I have NEVER seen any of these commercials. And i'm not all that young!!
how about "every days a sale day at mays"...down on 14th Street?
and do you remember alexanders on forham road and the grand concourse. crack was wack in the 80's so they closed up shop and along came caldors which also closed down because loss prevention wasnt preventing loss but aiding it...
fordham road was IT back in the day. 5 different movie theatres to choose from (RKO Fordham. Loews Paradise, the Capri, the Valentine and the other one whose name escapes me right now). Its said that it is a cesspool of crime and cheap clothing right now. Even the Gap on fordham sells crappy stuff. Back in the day I was a kid I'm not a kid anymore but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again....
Cas ~ Mays? Yea you took it back. I forgot about that one. I think everyone remembers that Alexanders. It's been so many things, but I remember heading there on the used to be BX15 bus (which is now the BX28) for the holidays and especially for back-to-school-shopping!
I remember Crazy Eddie's and DEFINITELY Woolworth. I was cracking up because my mom STILL to this day could not pronounce it correctly...she called it WOOLSWORTH! That chick from the Alexander's clip made me want to gouge my eyes out w/all that falsetto singing for REAL! Too funny!
5 comments:
Bamberger's, Alexander's, Crazy Eddie??? Maybe it's because i'm from the SOuth, but I have NEVER seen any of these commercials. And i'm not all that young!!
That Dude ~ You may be right. I think these stores were more up North. But I'm surprised about Bamberger's, they used to be big like Macy's.
how about "every days a sale day at mays"...down on 14th Street?
and do you remember alexanders on forham road and the grand concourse. crack was wack in the 80's so they closed up shop and along came caldors which also closed down because loss prevention wasnt preventing loss but aiding it...
fordham road was IT back in the day. 5 different movie theatres to choose from (RKO Fordham. Loews Paradise, the Capri, the Valentine and the other one whose name escapes me right now). Its said that it is a cesspool of crime and cheap clothing right now. Even the Gap on fordham sells crappy stuff. Back in the day I was a kid I'm not a kid anymore but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again....
Cas ~ Mays? Yea you took it back. I forgot about that one. I think everyone remembers that Alexanders. It's been so many things, but I remember heading there on the used to be BX15 bus (which is now the BX28) for the holidays and especially for back-to-school-shopping!
I remember Crazy Eddie's and DEFINITELY Woolworth. I was cracking up because my mom STILL to this day could not pronounce it correctly...she called it WOOLSWORTH! That chick from the Alexander's clip made me want to gouge my eyes out w/all that falsetto singing for REAL! Too funny!
Post a Comment