Monday, October 20, 2008

Walk This Way



I've come to realize people don't know how to walk. Some of them do the dumbest shyt. I work in midtown and people will be walking in front of you and suddenly just stop. They'll look around, look in their bags, talk on the phone. It's unbelievable. They have no regard for anyone in back of them. Then there are those that have no urgency and walk so s..l..o..w.. like they're sight-seeing. I don't get it. Maybe we need to have three lanes like when driving to help move things along. In the evening it's the same thing. People are annoying as hell. They'll be walking next to you, then all of a sudden they cut in front of you, or slow down, or my personal favorite ; they're bodies are walking in one direction while their heads are turned in the opposite. A recipe for disaster. Yea you have the tourists which I think they should have a whole separate sidewalk for, but then you just have the ignorant sons-of-bitches, that just don't care. They walk anywhere, how they want and cause jams on the sidewalk. These are the MF's that need to be scooped up in a crane and thrown to the side. There should be some common "walking etiquette". Simple tips to avoid getting a beat down! I follow it, everyone should. When walking and you want to change up and cross over, turn your head and see if there's anyone fast approaching, if not, cross over. If someone's coming fast up the rear, wait until they've passed, then cross over. If you're lost or want to stop, turn around and make sure no one is directly behind you (yea you get the tailgaters here too) then walk over to whichever side has the least traffic, so you don't block anyone and cause a traffic jam. If you want to walk slow (and there are times when I want to), move over on either side of the sidewalk and let the fast walkers charge down the center. Basically be aware of your surroundings. Use your judgment and get the hell out of the way!

7 comments:

Shannon Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Lee said...

LOL I had a similar blog-thought-provoking situation like this last weekend when I attended the Maryland Renaissance Festival with my family. It's not a big place, but it's packed every weekend and with the uneven terrain (in the woods) I counted at least 10 times where I wanted to f*ck someone up for committing ALL of the crimes you listed. People are just so wrapped up in their own little worlds it amazes me how little regard they have for the world around them!! Good post!

Unknown said...

Yeah...I can really ring folk neck.

Achilles said...

I don't know what it is with some people. They have no regard for anyone else. It's really annoying!

ThisMightBeMe said...

This non-walking thing is a phenomenon. MF'ers in the south can't walk, but they can't walk in slow motion. LOL.

That Dude Right There said...

I've observed this phonomenon at its worse in airports!!!!

Achilles said...

That Dude ~ Yea that's got to be the worse. You trying to get to your plane and people don't know how to walk!! Very infuriating!