Monday, October 27, 2008

The Verdict

My best friend Ty was the designated driver for the evening. The three of us were anxious to see Noah's Arc: Jumping The Broom. With a 9:45 PM start time, we decided to grab a bite to eat before heading into Manhattan. We had Spanish food from this restaurant that never disappoints. The food is always good and we get service with a smile. By the time we finished, it had started raining and getting worse by the minute. Finding parking wasn't too bad. We circled the area a couple of times before finding a spot. Time check: 8:30 PM, we were on schedule. Once at the theater, we got our tickets and waited in the lounge section. They started letting people upstairs at about 9:00 PM. As luck (or lack of it) would have it, the UP escalators weren't working, so we had to walk up about three flights to our movie. There, a short line had formed. We quickly found our place end of it. Then at around 9:15 or so, they let us into the actual theater for our seats. We had a good choice of seats, as it wasn't crowded, but that changed by the minute. People were trying to look for seats together as the theater quickly filled up. The lights dimmed and the movie started...




How do I plead? Loved it! The movie was great! I thoroughly enjoyed it. By the sounds of claps, whistles and chatter, so did everyone else. A lot of loose ends were tied up and some suspicions confirmed. Patrik-Ian Polk did a great job providing closure for the close-knit group from L.A. Walking out the theater it hit me: I realized the series would not be returning to TV. I would only get to see these characters in DVD. And speaking of characters...the theater was packed with them. You had the DL thugs, the effeminate ones, some wearing skinny jeans, some wearing their jeans hanging off their ass; all kinds came out to pay homage. There was this guy in front of us. If you didn't know he was gay, the bright pink shirt, mohawk and Gucci purse should have been an indicator. There was no air in the place and the heat was stifling! He was sweating like the rest of us and patted his face to absorb the sweat. Next thing I know, he took out a compact and a huge brush and started 'reapplying'. He looked like he belonged at the MAC counter at Macy's. People were laughing as far as two rows back. He didn't care, he had to be fabulous. Cheering as the cast appeared on screen, reacting to the events unfolding, it was a good crowd.


At the movie, I finally met Tonio's good friend C.B. He's a cool person; I really like him. Very direct, but humorous and fun. Our crew included: Tonio, myself, Ty, C.B., our girl friends L and Nita and Nita’s sister. Some people were meeting for the very first time, but thankfully everyone seemed to hit it off. We all had a great time. Afterward we decided to hit the night scene and went dancing. We had a really good time. The music was hot, the drinks were cold, and it was on! We danced 'til we were soaked! After everyone was dropped off, Tonio and I got back home around 3 AM and hit the sack. We were exhausted...but not that exhausted. We were so hot for each other; our passionate nightcap would've put Noah and Wade to shame! Afterward, we were totally spent and spooned as we drifted off.


Sunday rolled around and we picked up junior. We decided not to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua, but to stay home and relax instead. Instead, we had a deliciously prepared family dinner that consisted of spaghetti with meat sauce and sausages, with homemade garlic bread. I ate every morsel that was on my plate. I was so full, after eating. The kind of full that you don't want to even move because it hurts! After that smorgasbord, we settled down to watch the latest DVD, The Incredible Hulk. Junior couldn't wait to see it (and secretly, neither could I). The three of us got comfortable on the couch. Junior lay on my lap, while I rested on Tonio's chest. Watching the movie on the big screen TV was the perfect setting. The special effects were great and the action was nonstop. Marvel had once again hit a homerun. It was much better than I thought it would be.


Moments before I drifted off to Never-Land, I smiled. This was the perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Baby...you are my Wade and my Noah and best of all it's a reality...Patrik couldn't have written it better. Rest assured that I will always 'Remember Love'!

Achilles said...

And like Wade, I loved it, so I put a ring on it!
And that ring represents our unbroken circle. No beginning, no end. Us for always.

Anonymous said...

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, thats AMORE...

Achilles said...

Cas - We were listening to Chaka Khan on the way into the city Saturday nite and you're the first person that came to mind.
When do we get another live concert??

That Dude Right There said...

Ya'll are too cute together!!!!

Achilles said...

That Dude ~ Thanks. I know we can be a little much at times, but what can I say? It's genuine and we're in love.

Shannon Lee said...

Quite sickening the two of you are. LOL Just kidding! Glad ya'll are so daggone happy! xoxo

Achilles said...

kahlua ~ How are you? Was thinking about you and hope you're doing well. How's the job going?

Thanks. I figured I wrote so much of being miserable and unhappy, it would be only fair to write about me being in my 'happy boi' place. (don't ask LOL) I know it gets a little syrupy at times, but hey that's where we are right now and I'm lovin' it. Take care!