The Federal Reserve, some of the biggest banks in Europe, Canada, South Korea and Taiwan all made a coordinated cut in interest rates yesterday. Even still, some of America's best-known brands still took a beatdown:
*Shares in General Motors plunged more than 30% to just below $5. It now trades at its lowest since 1950
*Shares in Ford plunged
*Share in Prudential Financial (the nation's second-largest insurer tumbled $10.02 (23%) to $33.27, their biggest drop since becoming
publicly traded in 2001
*Oil companies: Exxon-Mobil, Chevron Corp., Conoco-Phillips - all saw the price of their shares decline as oil prices fell below $85 for the
first time in almost 12 months
Wall Street appeared to get some traction from a government report that applications for unemployment benefits dropped last week from a7-year high! On a positive note, some corporate earnings from firms like IBM might turn out to be better than expected.
But overall, right now investors want out of the market - and fast while screaming "show me the money!"
If the market crashed today or tomorrow, what do you think would be a sure-fire way to get it back up again?
UPDATE: Dee Dee's son is one month today. I'm happy to report that he's past the 3 lb. mark (3 lbs. 2 oz.) and expected home next month. He's doing well and opening eyes. He recognizes his parents' voice and from what his mother says, taking man-sized dumps. Yeah, he'll be home soon! LOL

2 comments:
Glad to hear DDs baby is doing well. I had a preemie so I know what she's going through. It's rough in the beginning, but the baby will be fine.
Lady Diana - Thank you, Lady D. I'm happy for her. I just can't wait for the day she's able to bring him home.
Post a Comment