Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Difference A Day Makes

Okay, I feel like a herb. Last Thursday October 30th, I just knew it was payday-you couldn't tell me otherwise. I had everything lined up what I wanted to pay: bills, rent, food, etc. I woke up early just to get a head start on things. I logged onto my computer, and hit up my direct deposit account. I must've stared at the screen for a couple of seconds (not breathing). I saw the big $4.54. I did a double take. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought perhaps maybe I was still asleep and needed to fully wake up! Nope, still $4.54. I then checked my job's pay schedule and realized I get paid on the 31st! WTF? What happened to the 15th and the 30th? I know it's just one day, but what a difference a day makes!

Luckily I had emergency lunch which I keep in my personal refrigerator at work, plus snacks. That got me through the day. Talk about a brutha so grateful for Friday! Not only was it the start of the weekend, but PAY DAY! (on Halloween no less)

I so miss the days of getting paid every other week on the same day! At least you knew the day you were getting paid instead of the date.

Looking at it, I can't complain. At least I have a job-which I actually like, so it's all good. I'm just sayin'...



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm here...'nuff said.

That Dude Right There said...

Believe me, I love getting paid every FRIDAY!!!! It's helped so much with paying bills.

Achilles said...

That Dude ~ Tell me about it. I was getting paid that way at my previous place of employment for ten years and loved it. It was consistent. This new 15th, sometimes, 14th, 30th, sometimes 31st and stretching close to three weeks in between checks is a MF!