Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The New & Improved Boob Tube



One invention that I find myself using more and more of is the DVR cable box. Back in the day, it was the VCR. Then I graduated to the TiVO. Now I've become so dependent on the DVR cable box. Not only can it record my favorite shows, but it can also change channels. Another great feature is being able to record two shows simultaneously, while watching a third! Talk about technology. I thought last season was bad, with trying to catch up on my shows. This season is absolutely insane! There are so many new shows that are methodically placed all throughout the week in clever and competing time slots, that its almost impossible to catch every one.

You have Heroes, all the CSIs, 90210 (for the record, I LOVED the original), Fringe, The New Adventures of Old Christine, NCIS, Smallville, The Big Gay Sketch Show, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Big Shots, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone, Nip/Tuck, Pysch, The Closer, Dexter, Brothers & Sisters, Prison Break, 24, Boston Legal, Raising the Bar, etc. and countless others.



Let's not forget the reality shows: Run's House, Project Runway, Work Out, Nip/Tuck, I Want to Work for Diddy, From G's to Gents, Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane, I Love Money (can't really get into that), Pam: Girl on The Loose, and the list goes on...






Some of these shows are a bit far-fetched, definitely not plausible, trashy with bad acting, but who cares? At the end of the day, it's good old-fashioned entertaining fun! Something to take your mind off your rough day. Got into it with your boss? Had to stand on the train the whole ride home? You and your best friend get into an argument? What do you do? Come home, sit down and unwind while someone else's life goes to hell in a handbasket!



As fall is officially here, and the season premieres have begun, the endless 'summer of reruns' will finally come to a halt. It's time to see what our TV family has been up to. What have they gotten themselves into now?



Sit back, relax, bring an open mind and enjoy the show(s). Everyone has a favorite. You may not admit it openly, but everyone secretly has at least one trashy, makes-no-sense-I-can't-even-believe-I'm-watching-this show that they love to watch. What's yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its crazy. i don't have enough time duringthe week to watch them all, then i have to delete some withouth watching. then i'm really lost. there's got to be a better way.