Today started off ok. Has a great weekened. Did the three "Rs": Rested, relaxed, relations. :-D Hit the train, found my favorite spot and nodded. Was so tired, I didn't want the iPod to interrupt my sleep time.
By the time we hit 149th Street. The train stops were longer in between than they should've been. By the time we hit 125th Street, we were told 'due to mechanical issues', the train would be going down the 7th Avenue line. All you heard was a mass sucking of the teeth and a few obscenities yelled out. Next thing I knew the train cleared out. I looked around, took a deep breath and settled back down in my seat. I stayed on the train and got off at 42nd Street Times Square, where I caught the shuttle and took it to the east side.
I can't believe transit wants to raise the fare and this is the service the passengers get. It's unbelievable. Only in New York.
On a happier note. Spoke with Dee Dee today and the baby will be home tomorrow!! I'm happy for them. They've been looking forward to this moment for months. She and her husband have to be ecstatic! No more daily runs to the hospital. They're no doubt going to have their hands full, but at least they're in the comfort of their own home.
2 comments:
I never did understand that NYC subway system. I rode it a few times...way to complicated for me. I'm used to Chicago's system. it's much better.
pa...you're a good one...I'm just such a bitch in the morning! LOL
Post a Comment