Today's the day.
Saw my mom. Gave her a hug and kiss. Told her all would be okay. Junior gave her a kiss and said "Bye, gramma. I love you". Then we headed off so he wouldn't miss school.
My brother drove my mom to the hospital in Queens. He stayed with her the duration of the day. I know it was intense for him. We decided since he had to go to work on Friday, he would take and stay with her today. I would be with her tomorrow.
After taking junior to school, I came home, grabbed a book, my trusty iPod and headed into the city to be with Tonio. I waited for him for less than ten minutes, when the nurse told me I could go upstairs. He would be in recovery. I went to area #11. There he was. Looking sleepy-eyed and sexy. The nurse was checking his blood pressure. I found out he had just arrived from a primary waiting area. As I sat down, I smiled-glad to see him. I could see he was a little uncomfortable, perhaps the anesthesia wearing off. We talked for a bit when the nurse came back and brought him "hospital food". He had a turkey sandwich, ginger ale and a cookie. We talked some more and waited for the nurse to monitor him and give us the 'ok' and free to go.
In between, I called my brother and he told me the surgery went well. She was in recovery and resting. The doctors wanted to make sure she was no longer nauseous before putting her in her room. Naturally she was in pain, had no appetite and wanted to sleep.
But overall both were successful and went well. Both will need time and some TLC to get back to normal.
2 comments:
Sweetie I am so sorry I haven't been checking the blogs the last couple of weeks---I missed the opportunity to wish them well and send up prayers for successful procedures and speedy recoveries!! By now I'm sure all is (hopefully) well. I just hope you're taking care of yourself as I KNOW you're probably spreading yourself thin trying to take care of them and Junior too...hugs & kisses!
Be well sweets!
Hey Kahlua, no worries. I know you have a lot going on. Was thinking about you, hoping all is going well with you and your family.
Yes, thank God. Both are doing well. Mom is up and around with walker in tow, strengthening up that knee. She's determined to be home by Christmas. Once home, she'll still need to be home until about February.
I am taking care of myself. I can't afford to get sick!
Happy Holidays!! Be safe and best wishes for you and your family in '09!
Post a Comment