Saturday, December 06, 2008

Take The Time


I've learned that you can't keep going at a frenetic pace all the time. It's okay to be "on" and juggle different things and keep your busy. Just not all the time. It's not healthy and it will manifest in other areas of your life.

My very best friend is having surgery the same day as my mom (she's having knee surgery). Since my mom is going to be out of commission for at least 2 months, my morning and evening schedule will change drastically regarding dropping off and picking up my son. It's busy at work and there are days I'm either skipping lunch or taking it late in the afternoon. I'm worried about my grandparents; they're getting older and going to the store and doing their 'every day' things has me scared for them in today's world. At home I'm still doing chores, checking homework, getting ready for the next day. In the midst of all this I want to be there for my son and my man. Both of whom I love very much. Somethings got to give. I'm spreading myself thin.

Trying to be there for everyone and not take time for myself (proper rest, eating, etc.) I'm no good to anyone. Lately I've been feeling run down and exhausted. Lack of taking time for myself was stressing me out and turning me into someone else. Someone on edge. Someone that was not me. So if the laundry gets done a day late-it's okay. If the dishes sit instead of getting done immediately-it's okay. I'm going to take time for me. Only then can I truly be there for everyone else.


Stress was turning me into someone else:


3 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Now that's what's up - you need to make sure you're taking the proper time for rest for yourself...and for Cocoa!

Unknown said...

get your rest pa...I need you to be there.

Achilles said...

Darius - Yes, I do. And believe you me, I started this weekend!


"Cocoa" - Always.