Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Umm Umm Good


Being off today, it gave me a chance to do something I haven't done in a while-cook. Now I cook, but during the week it's mainly short-cuts to a quick meal after a hard day of work. But today, I did a lot of cooking: peeling potatoes, cutting onions, green peppers, seasoning meats, etc. I used my rarely used cutlery set and cutting board. It made me realize what I miss-because I do love to cook.

Another thing that made me realize how much I miss cooking is Tonio. No matter what meal he prepares: be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, he'll get out the cutting board, knife and go to work. Every meal of his is a work of art. His original creations are delicious! He takes his time and puts his all into it. Junior and I are so grateful.

While desserts are 'my thang', (love making homemade brownies, rum cakes, cupcakes, blondies, cookies, mousse, treats etc.) I'm going to focus more and slow down and get back into cooking meals. It's a good feeling and it's healthier. I'll pick up the raw veggies, peel 'em, cut 'em and cook 'em. It's time to get back on track.

Baby, thanks for your special chef treatment. I know there are times when your days are busy and you're tired, yet you make sure that our meals are seasoned, prepared and perfected to the 'tee'. It is much appreciated. We love you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It really is a joy for me to cook for our family...love to do it and enjoy watching us eat something I prepare...don't play yourself down though..you've made plenty a delicious meal too!

That Dude Right There said...

Ya'll are so mushy!!!!! Cooking for each other and stuff like that. Oh wait, that's what ya'll are supposed to do.