Monday, November 24, 2008

Missing You

Work was, well work. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Tonio and I rode the overcrowded #5 train as usual. In less than twelve hours he would be boarding a plane and we wouldn't see each other for seven days. I wanted to spend some QT time with him before he clicked his 'ON' switch and prepared for his early airline ritual.

We laid down, talked, laughed. I looked into his eyes and gave him several gentle kisses and let him know how much I would miss him.

We've grown inseparable the last year and a half. No matter how much time we spend together, it's never enough. This man has my heart and soul. I didn't let on how sad I was, knowing he'd be away. It's only for a week, and with the invention of the telephone, we would still speak every day.

Once home, and speaking with him to wish him a good night, I found it hard to sleep. I kept thinking of him, of us and our bright future that lay ahead. Like a child opening his first gift on Christmas morning, butterflies in your stomach, eagerly anticipating the next.
Have a safe trip my love. Have a safe trip. Talk with you soon.

No comments: