Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It Can Be Done

I've heard all kinds of reactions to yesterday's historical election. Some good, some not so good. Some true, some untrue. Some straight up and some straight up racial.All in all, I wasn't about to let anyone disrupt my day. I was a part of history that will live for years to come. I was a part of history that will go down in the history books that my grandchildren will read. I refused to let anyone take me out of my joy today of all days. The day an African American man was voted into the White House.


It made me think. That with a good plan, determination and hard work, anything is possible. Your innermost dreams can materialize into reality.

Like my baby said in his post, New Year's resolutions are for the birds. People make them and they break them. They devote one day a year to make unrealistic promises they have no intention of keeping. Start now. Start today. Let Obama's win inspire you to dream your dreams and live your life today and every day. Nothing is off limits when you believe and have faith & hope, hand in hand.


I've been inspired to make a few changes in my life:

-Going to focus on a healthier me (physically, mentally, spiritually)

-Spend better quality time with my family (my son and my man)

-Get my finances in order

-Be more in control of my life (be more vocal)

-Going to take chances (I won't let a "no" stop or deter me from my goal)

-Focus more on my writing as its one of my passions


If I should get discouraged along the way and feel like I can't go on. I must remember to say 'yes I can'; and think back to the day that will forever be burned into the memories of all who witnessed: Election Day Tuesday, November 4, 2008.



2 comments:

Bla said...

"Focus more on my writing as its one of my passions..."

The same here.

:)

Anonymous said...

I am surprised anyone said anything "racial" at all, given the majority of folks in this country - white folks included - are thrilled that a a great MAN was elected and will lead this country back to greatness.

Accountability, Responsibility, Transparency will get us there.