DEFINITION OF THANKSGIVING:
Thanksgiving, also known as Thanksgiving Day, is a harvest festival. Traditionally, it is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. It is primarily a North American holiday which has generally become a national secular holiday with religious origins.
The dates and whereabouts of the first Thanksgiving celebration are a topic of contention. Though the earliest attested Thanksgiving celebration was on September 8, 1565 in what is now
Saint Augustine, Florida the traditional "first Thanksgiving" is venerated as having occurred at the site of Plymouth Plantation, in 1621.

Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Thanksgiving dinner is held on this day, usually as a gathering of family members.
Today is Thanksgiving Day. Another Thanksgiving that I'm fortunate enough to take part in. I'm thankful for my grandparents. My parents. My son. My man. My 'true blue' group of close friends: Ty, Maria, DeeDee (sidebar: DeeDee's son may be coming home as early as next week. He's now a whopping 6 pounds 12 ounces). I'm also thankful to have an extended family and new group of friends that I had the good fortune of meeting through Tonio. His parents and I had a time to talk during their stay in New York this past summer. You could tell it was a little awkward in the beginning, but by the time they left, I was getting genuine hugs and kisses. Their beliefs aside, they can tell how happy we are together-and in their own way are happy for us. Tonio's friends have been great also-they’ve embraced and accepted my son and me. I'm thankful to have a job in these unstable economic times. I'm thankful for each day that I can open my eyes and get out of bed on my own when there are so many people who don’t have that luxury. I'm thankful that I'm not hooked on drugs, or addicted to liquor but that I have a clear head. I'm thankful I'm in a relationship with someone that I am proud of and respect and truly love. I'm thankful that I have a beautiful healthy son. I'm thankful God has gotten me out of more jams than I care to admit and for always being there.
Whether you're with family, friends, or by yourself; if you're surrounded by family or miles away from them-know that you are special and you are loved by someone. Be safe, and enjoy not only today but every day.
Give thanks.
Thanksgiving, also known as Thanksgiving Day, is a harvest festival. Traditionally, it is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. It is primarily a North American holiday which has generally become a national secular holiday with religious origins.
The dates and whereabouts of the first Thanksgiving celebration are a topic of contention. Though the earliest attested Thanksgiving celebration was on September 8, 1565 in what is now
Saint Augustine, Florida the traditional "first Thanksgiving" is venerated as having occurred at the site of Plymouth Plantation, in 1621.

Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Thanksgiving dinner is held on this day, usually as a gathering of family members.
Today is Thanksgiving Day. Another Thanksgiving that I'm fortunate enough to take part in. I'm thankful for my grandparents. My parents. My son. My man. My 'true blue' group of close friends: Ty, Maria, DeeDee (sidebar: DeeDee's son may be coming home as early as next week. He's now a whopping 6 pounds 12 ounces). I'm also thankful to have an extended family and new group of friends that I had the good fortune of meeting through Tonio. His parents and I had a time to talk during their stay in New York this past summer. You could tell it was a little awkward in the beginning, but by the time they left, I was getting genuine hugs and kisses. Their beliefs aside, they can tell how happy we are together-and in their own way are happy for us. Tonio's friends have been great also-they’ve embraced and accepted my son and me. I'm thankful to have a job in these unstable economic times. I'm thankful for each day that I can open my eyes and get out of bed on my own when there are so many people who don’t have that luxury. I'm thankful that I'm not hooked on drugs, or addicted to liquor but that I have a clear head. I'm thankful I'm in a relationship with someone that I am proud of and respect and truly love. I'm thankful that I have a beautiful healthy son. I'm thankful God has gotten me out of more jams than I care to admit and for always being there.
Whether you're with family, friends, or by yourself; if you're surrounded by family or miles away from them-know that you are special and you are loved by someone. Be safe, and enjoy not only today but every day.
Give thanks.
2 comments:
Definitely giving thanks...hope you're having a great holiday!
Darius ~ Thanks Darius, had a great time yesterday. I hope you did as well.
Post a Comment