Friday, November 07, 2008
In The Middle
I have a dilemma. A female friend of mine, who I've known for years called me to ask about a mutual male friend of ours. She's liked him for a long time but its never progressed. I had my suspicions. I recently found out he was gay. We ran into each other in a gay club and we both laughed when we saw each other. We had a long talk and swapped stories. He said he always knew there was this part of him that existed and wished to explore. He used to live in the Bronx, but has now moved to Brooklyn-away from his family and friends. I guess he's taking a serious stab at the gay life and wanted to be away from anyone he might run into. Because of his abrupt departure, our mutual female friend is freaking out. She's divorced, with two teenage children but can't get over the fact that the two of them haven't gotten together. She questions, why he moved away. Why he doesn't hang out with her anymore. Why their friendship has drifted. Basically why he's become a recluse. Though I know why, I would never put someone else's business out there. But on the same token, I see how much its upsetting her. I feel caught in the middle and for now, I feel its the safest place to be. I don't want to pick a side. But I do wonder if I should let him know how his actions is affecting her or stay out of it and continue playing it safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Mind your business...that's my best advice. It isn't your place to tell his business and you have every right to say to her that you're not interested in hearing about it...if you have contact with him, I'd say let him know that you're being made to feel uncomfortable by her and her questions.
MYOB.
MYOB.
MYOB.
Tell the bitch to find another set of balls to sniff.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
I am just kidding.
Tell her he is seeing other people...and maybe there is a good reason they haven't gotten together. Tell her to stop being obsessed with one dude and set her sights on a new horizon. Its that simple. All else fails, call Bellvue and have her ass committed.
I am sorry for being so crass Achilles. I have been working on a paper all day and I finally got to my Accounting homework...and I have ten minutes to get to class.
I agree with Cocoa and Caspar. Just leave it alone. If she continues to labor you with her feelings, tell her that you don't want to hear it.
You are all right. I would never tell her, that's not my place.
I will continue to ask her to STOP OBSESSING and move on.
It'll be hard for her to do, but not impossible.
She needs to get a life!!!! You could let him know that she's sniffing round the tree!! Let him handel it!! If she continues to b a pain. Be upfront and let her know that its getting a lil bothersome!!
I agree w/anonymous. Tell HIM that SHE is buggin out about his unexplained absence from their friendship. Then walk AWAY. Your job as "mutual friend" there will have been done. ;)
Anon/Kahlua - Def! I'm not gonna open that can o' worms. Not my place, not my concern.
Post a Comment