"To boldly go where no man has gone before". If you're a true trekkie you know this came from the opening of the original 1966 Star Trek series. William Shatner as Capt. James T. Kirk of the U.S.S. Enterprise before he was "Denny Crane".
I occassionally watched Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, but could never get into Star Trek: Voyager. However, I did enjoy Star Trek: The Next Generation. I like the ensemble of Riker, La Forge, Counselor Deanna Troi and the emotionless Data. I had the biggest crush on Wesley Crusher...(wow that brings back memories), but who could forget Capt. Jean Luc Picard? He had his moments. Though I loved his character and the whole storyline with the Borg; there was something about Kirk screwing alien green chicks from other planets that you just had to admire! As a child watching this sci-fi series in re-runs, it always held my attention. If I remember correctly this came on Saturdays around 6-ish and right after was Dance Fever with Denny Terrio - but I digress.
Anyway, I was delighted to hear of this movie will chronicle the early Starfleet careers of Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Uhura, Chekov and Sulu. I'm sure with today's special effects it's going to be visually awesome. I just hope the plot lives up to the hugely popular franchise. A movie to make the great Gene Roddenberry proud.


No comments:
Post a Comment