Sunday, April 19, 2009

Silly

Was off Friday, so the 3-day weekend was a welcomed treat! Spent some quality time with the two men in my life. While relaxing and watching a movie earlier today, I heard the song 'Silly' and for some reason my mind transported me back to a time when I was unsure of myself and always seeked love and affection from people who I knew were no good for me. Yet, I went out of my way to be available to them. Told my friends they were into me and really cared, when I knew deep down inside, it was a lie. I can definitely relate to the lyrics of this song. Call it low self-esteem, wanting to fit in, to be liked or all of the above. That was me many years ago.


Today, I'm settling into a more confident person. The me of today is a very different person than the me of yesterday. I was fortunate to find someone who can return my love and all that I have to offer. No more lying to others or myself. Something my aunt always told me, rings in my head, "Not everyone is going to like you, no matter what you do. Don't get hung up on trying to make people like you." I try to live by that. I'm going to be me. I'm going to respect and be true to myself. Whoever doesn't like it-too damned bad.

I used to put other people first, thinking that would make them like me. Little did I know I was doing the opposite. Now, I come first, and true to the law of attraction - positivity follows. I'm in control and love the new me.


The Original~






A great remake. Taral Hicks has an awesome voice~




Question of The Day
Have you ever been a fool for love?

4 comments:

Lolita said...

Everyone plays the fool. Some of us more than once.

Love ya.
Lolita :)

Unknown said...

reading this made me realize that life is all about the licks we take...it is up to us to decide when it should stop...LOVE this song by the way (both versions).

kennyking78 said...

Patti has a version of "Silly" as well that is worth listening to. Deniece is the OG, but thanks for posting Taral's too. She was so slept on!

Man, who HASN'T played the fool????!!!! This gay life is, at times, an unsure one, but the lessons learned help us change things for the future.

Achilles said...

Lolita ~ This is true. After enough times, you've got to know when to stop. Glad I did!

TGK ~ Exactly what I was thinking. Sometimes by making the wrong choice, hopefully we learn from that. A necessary evil, if you will. (The song is awesome!)

KK78 ~ I actually have Patti's version on my iPod. Listen to all three. Taral didn't get the props she deserves!