Instantly I knew from the sound, that it was a wrap. My brother a computer tech confirmed it. The hard drive itself is damaged, however the data is recoverable...at a price. I checked around and was quoted prices starting at $500 all the way up to $2500. There's no way I'm paying that.Seeking a less expensive alternative, I called Apple, and explained my situation. They told me there was a way to restore all my purchased items from day one to the present. I've built quite an extensive collection over the years and the fear of losing it had me on the edge! With my purchases saved, I now had to find a way to save my actual data. My brother told me of an application, CopyTrans, that would allow you to copy all data (music, videos, movies, tv shows, apps, etc) basically everything that you had on your iPod back into your iTunes library. This was good to here. .
At one time this was not possible.
I have an 80 GB iPod classic with just over half full with a gazillion songs, a multitude of tv shows, over 50 music videos, carefully thought out playlists. These playlists get me through the day!! Yes, I take full advantage of its capabilities. It took just over an hour to transfer everything from my iPod to CopyTrans; then just over 3 hours from CopyTrans to my new iTunes library. There were some dupes that I just deleted. But now I will have a back-up and a back-up of my back-up!
2 comments:
OHMYGOSH!!!! I feel ALL of your pain!!!!
I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks back! I almost freaked, but for some reason was freakishly cool about the situation. I have purchased over $800 worth of music, television shows and movies from iTunes and did not know what I was going to do.
I spoke to a friend before going to the gym and by the time I left he had emailed me some instructions on how to copy all of the data from my iPod back to the iTunes library. It was a heaven-sent moment!
So, rejoice. I know that something like that is MAJOR!!!!!!
P.S.--- Also, with you living in New York and having to utilize public transportation... I could only imagine!
My man the techie...
God forbid...lawd!
...but as always you find the solution!
Post a Comment