Friday, March 06, 2009

Hey Hey Hey!





I want to be healthy. I want to be in better shape. That said, I'm going to eat nothing but junk food and soda and candy all weekend.

LOL Let me back track. I've been teetering on eating healthy, and sneaking my occasional candy bar or Doritos on the side. Lately the junk food been winning. Since its winter I'm able to hide under big coats...but as spring approaches (and I'm hoping it does soon) I'll be exposed.



So, I made a deal with myself. This weekend I won't deny myself anything when it comes to food. If I see it and want it, it's mine. But... come Monday, I'll not only watch what I eat and incorporate it into my daily life, but I'll add exercise and cardio into my schedule. It's not a diet, but a life change. Now occasionally I will have my Snickers craving, but am sure it will be far and few in between.



This method's worked before. I smoked cigarettes as a teen. This went on for months. I would smoke on and off with my friends. I hated the smell in my clothes and in my mouth and wanted to quit. To accomplish this I chain-smoked an entire pack and made myself so sick, I haven't touched a cigarette since.

Bon appetite. Wish me luck.







FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
We all have ways to deal. Have you ever cut out something that wasn't good for you? If so how have you handled it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am guilty of being a reformed junk food eater. Because of my job I work crazy hours and crazy shifts. I pick up a meal here and there and 9 times out of 10 its Mcdonalds or kfc. fast food. I looked in the mirror one day and was disgusted at what I saw. A bloated rubbery man. I quit cold turkey. I joined a gym and started off slow. Went 2 days a week. Now 2 years later I'm up to 4 or 5 days a week. My job hours are still crazy, but I take the time to watch what I eat. NO exceptions. Good luck and eat a big mac for me.

Unknown said...

I think I'll join you...