Wednesday I woke up with a sore throat. Didn't think much of it. By Thursday, my throat wasn't that bad, but I had post nasal drip. UGH! Yesterday, I woke up with a mild headache, stuffy nose and sneezing fits up the ying-yang!
My co-worker is out plus I wanted to save my days so I went in. All day long I was sneezing, blowing my nose and coughing.
Couldn't tell if it was a cold or an allergy. (No fever so I suspect it's an allergy) I must've went through a whole box of tissues. Thank goodness for Puffs plus, that lotion makes all the difference!From the time I got in, I kept thinking about going home! I had it all planned. I was going to take the express bus home so I could sleep on the bus. Pick up junior and head home. Why is it the best laid plans have flaws? I left around 5:30 and headed straight toward the bus stop. I turned the corner and found it odd that the line was 30-35 people deep! I'm glad I got there when I did. Within ten minutes, 9 people were in back of me. Was there no end in sight? We were all wondering what happened? Finally a bus came. It looked to be about half full. There was no way I was getting on this bus, I'd have to wait for the next one...from the way the line looked, the one after that as well!
When the bus came the driver informed us that the bus ride was going to be a long one, because they had just closed the Whitestone Bridge.
Apparently an M.T.A. construction truck struck an overhead road sign on the Queens-bound plaza of the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge causing the steel sign structure to crash down on all six lanes. Traffic was being rerouted to the Throgs Neck and Robert F. Kennedy Bridges. There went my relaxing ride home.I about-faced, hit the subway, picked up junior and was home by 7:20. I fixed something quick for him to eat and I was in the bed by 8. My head was pounding by then. I took an Allegra D and Advil Cold & Sinus medicine and I was out for the count. Tonio called around midnight, we spoke briefly and I fell back out. I didn't get up until this morning around 10:45.
Usually if I sleep that long, my body aches. Not today. The headache and stuffiness is still there, only not as bad. I'm going to just rest this weekend. The body is calling for it. This too shall pass.
4 comments:
Get well soon.
ugh - I bet that didn't feel good at all - especially that commute. Yup - for real, get well soon!
hope you feel better soon
Hey All, thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling a lot better! The power or rest. Day in and day out we forget that our body takes a beating. Rest does a body good!
Post a Comment