It's good to reconnect with friends every once in a while. One of my best friends Dee Dee, I haven't seen in a while. Though we talk more often it's not the same. Yesterday I met up with her and her husband and the baby. Remember him? He was the one born prematurely last September. Well he's now 8 months and the correct height and weight for a baby his age. He's adorable and very energetic! I feel sorry for them when he starts crawling.
Dee Dee and I caught up on each other's lives. Shared pictures, stories, talked about the past. It was a great day. I felt like our friendship was renewed.
At one time we were inseperable. Always either at her house or mine. As we grew older our priorities and interests changed and we inevitably 'grow up'. Like most friends, with our busy lives, hectic work schedules, etc. we haven't been in close touch as we used to be. To remedy that, every so often my friends and I make it a point to pick a time and place and we'll all show up. We make a whole day of it. We'll bring the kids, our spouses, food, pictures, etc. and pick up where we left off. It's important for our relationships. These are the people that knew us before any of us had kids or were with our spouses. It's important to be well rounded: work, family, friendship -- it's great when all are in sync and nothing lacking.
Question of the Day:
Have you had any friends that you haven't heard from in a while? If so, why?
4 comments:
This is true. Our friends are important. Alot of times its those friends that are there for us before, during and after our relationships. Our true friends need to be honored.
Interesting that you should blog about this because I met with an old friend of mine who suggested that we get together for old time sake...I will take him up on that offer...
TT ~ / TGK ~ Exactly. When I get together with an old friend I think about what brought us together in the first place and reminisce about all the times we shared.
I have many acquaintances, but few "friends". I treasure all my true blue ones!
Thanks for the follow! Hope you enjoy my blog.
I too have very few true friends, I have grown a lot and with that some distance has been built between the acquaintances and I. But it's all good, I know my true friends will always be there and love me for who I am.
Post a Comment