The restaurant was fantastic and overlooked the East River.
The drinks came. They had white wine, margaritas, "honey bees", while I had cranberry and orange juice on the rocks. :-) They insisted I have a real drink instead of the non-alcoholic one. I shook my head and kept sippin'. We sat outside and enjoyed our time away from the 9 to 5. Regardless of how hectic the day was. Everyone seemed relaxed and we toasted ourselves to a great year so far.My manager told everyone how she appreciated everyone's hard work and commitment and wanted to thank us, but taking us all out. We laughed, we talked, we shared. It was time well spent. She said she would have another get together at the end of the summer. She was thinking on the west side this time, maybe the Ritz Carlton. She said the sunset from there was a sight to behold. Feeling appreciated we all walked away with full stomachs, feeling good about ourselves and grateful to be a part of a terrific team!
God is good.
1 comment:
That was really nice of your manager.
Post a Comment