Sunday, February 01, 2009

We're Having A Baby

The stork is coming...

Tonio and I are having a baby. This week we expect a new addition to our family. Junior and Busta will have a brother; he's just 3 months old and weighs roughly 20 lbs. He's a Weimaraner. Tonio already has a name picked out: Bruce (I don't care for it-so I'll be calling him something else), we'll get his food, toys, feeding bowls, etc. prior to his arrival, so everything will be ready for him.




I only had one dog growing up which was a German Shepherd, back when I was 5 or 6. As pets, I've had mostly cats but also baby chicks, fish, birds and a gerbil. The concept of a dog is new to me, but one that I welcome. I did some looking up online to familiarize myself for what's to come and what to expect. Here's what I found:
Weimaraners are silver-gray dogs that were originally bred for hunting in the early 19th century. Early Weimaraners were used by royalty for hunting large game, such as boar, bears, deer, and foxes. They are very fast and powerful dogs. They are also highly intelligent, problem-solving animals (Great. Like we need another wiseguy for a kid!).




They excel in athletics and can be very protective of their family.
I'm excited and eager for him to arrive, to begin bonding with him. This will be good for junior; expose him to different things.



I'm excited. We're both going to be parents again. We both have children that will be ten years old this year, and we get to take care of 'our' newborn. A sort of yours, mine and ours. Yes, we're having a baby; my baby and me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol cute. i love that episode of I Love Lucy. its good to see that you two are growing and have each other's backs when it comes to your differences. congradulations.

Anonymous said...

I got alittle teary eyed reading this post : )

Unknown said...

we're going to do great with BRUCE. Yes pa, you'll have to bear with me on this one...our baby will be named Bruce....LOL
Thanks for always being so supportive.

Shannon Lee said...

Congrats to you both. Get ready to fall in love all over again. I can't wait to hear the latest and greatest on this front...enjoy!!

That Dude Right There said...

Congratulations!!!! Now where is my cigar!?

Achilles said...

T.D. ~ Thanks. The Cuban's in the mail.