Monday, January 26, 2009

No Negativity




My cab was late this morning getting junior to school. Thank goodness he arrived to school on time. But you know it had the trickle effect. I was therefore late getting my bus to the train for work. The train pulled showed it azz by taking its time. But through it all, I was calm. Didn't get upset or anything. Why? Why get all worked up over things that I can't control and putting myself in a rotten mood. I have the power to make my day either great or crappy. I choose-great!

Too much time and energy being spent on being and staying angry or pissed off. Something I don't like happened, accept it and move on. While the people on the train were sucking their teeth and cursing for the train being late, I was relaxing and thinking of all the good things I have going on in my life. I'm in love with a great man, who loves me. I have a son that I love and am so proud of. We have our health; we're in a good place. What does it matter if I get to work late? I don't punch a clock, my boss is so cool, she won't say anything. Why even give negativity a chance to fester?

This is a new year, and a new me. I realize people create their own version of heaven and hell. I'm going to surround myself with positive things/people and concentrate on making my life the best it can be. Life is too short and complicated all on its own without any help from insignificant things that I have no control over and in the big scheme of this; just don't matter.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats the spirit!!!
hope you are feeling better!
peace, Cas

Unknown said...

Indeed! I love you happy boi and I'm glad you're conciously caring for yourself.

Achilles said...

Yes, feeling much better, thanks! Good to be back.


I love you too. We have to make this 'our' year!

Darius T. Williams said...

Love this man - great attitude.

Um...you and Cocoa...get a room, thanks! LOL

That Dude Right There said...

Amen Brotha!!!

Shannon Lee said...

I'm gonna print this and show it to my husband. I'm trying to get him to relax more and not let sh*t he can't control get to him all the time. It really can (and does) make or break your day. (And everyone else's around you in most cases...) I'm so glad you're adopting such a healthier frame of mind! Hope you're healing well darlin. xoxo

Achilles said...

K ~ It's the best thing you can do for yourself, honestly. Why get upset and angry over things you can't control? It's pointless. Nothing is resolved and you're all worked up!
Stress kills! It's a fact. I will NOT contribute it the already high stress I encounter on a daily basis.
Tell hubby to chill, relax and think of his loving family. That should bring a smile on his face and calm him down some.
I'm like Wolverine-healing factor's on overdrive! LOL
Thanks for asking. :-D