Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Do


As many of you know, Tonio and I have been seeing each other for about three years. We've had good times and bad times. But through it all, our relationship has grown deeper and we've realized that we want to always be there for each other and take it to the next level.

Last year, we brought up the idea of moving in together. We discussed a lot of issues: our jobs, expenses, schools, ideas, budgets, etc. Until recently it looked as if we'd have to wait a year or so to make our dreams a reality. Hopefully our dreams will be coming together a lot sooner.





The idea scares me. The vulnerability of it all. This is the ultra commitment. The equivalent of marriage. My head swimming with all sorts of questions. The rapid heartbeat and ringing in my ears. The nervous sweat dripping from my brow. I take a deep breath, and a quieting calm takes over me.
Relax and believe. This is the right person and the right time. Everything has led up to this very moment.

As much of a romantic that I am, I'm aware that it takes more than love for two people to make it this day and age. Though we have our differences, I'm confident that our love and respect for each other will stand the test of time. I look back at all we've been through and know that this man loves me with all his heart. He's proven it time and time again. I know that I love him with all my heart. He's the one that I want to share my life with. He's made me see things I otherwise wouldn't have. He's stood by me, when he didn't have to. He's made me see and live in my truth.

Celine said it best...





FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Ever been in a relationship and you just knew it was right...or wrong? How did you know?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you so much and living together will be the best...period. I can't wait to have you in my arms every morning.

Soul Yaoi said...

Follow your heart! =)

Achilles said...

~Knoxxy - Sounds like solid advice. Will do.