Thursday, February 26, 2009

Moments to Treasure



This morning I had the pleasure (and yes - this is pure sarcasm) of riding the train with about 20 or so teenage girls. Must've been a class trip (although I didn't see any teachers around) or the largest group of kids cutting school I've ever seen.

Not that the trains are ever quiet, but you could hear when they boarded the train. They sounded like a herd of cattle. I was sitting at the end of the train and noticed that my car was the only car they choose to grace us with their presence. It was one of the times when I so appreciated my iPod. Even with the volume up high, I heard bits and pieces of conversations that revolved around, Eva Longoria, Salma Hayek, Jessica Alba, not being a follower, boys, not taking "no ones" sh*t!, etc. The ranting was incessant.

The fact that it annoyed me was a reminder that I'm getting older. I've crossed over into the 'adult' world. Hey I don't like the way that sounded. LOL First I'm being called "sir", now teenagers irritate me. Yea, it's official.

I then realized it would only be a matter of time before I was the father of a teenage boy. No doubt, the years would race by. With that said, I'm cherishing the time I have now. He's still at the stage where he says I love you in public. Kisses me before going to school. Holding my hand when we walk down the block. I'm taking full advantage of it-believe you me! We come from a very affectionate family, so I don't think too much will change as junior gets older (I hope not anyway!).

These moments I truly treasure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know!! I think about this everytime we're out together and he walks between us and holds our hands! It's almost like a small piece of heaven that I know is soooo temporary - it would be odd to have a 19-year old doing it...LOL...I'm happy to grow old with you sir...really sir.... really... ;)

Achilles said...

Yea, they'd probably arrest us if he were 19? LOL
I'm happy to grow old and watch the grays surface. :-)