With all that's been going on lately, I was a little worried about my relationship with Cocoa (I just can't get used to calling him that)-Tonio. Between the holidays, him visiting his parents, his surgery, my unexpected surgery, we haven't really had much time to spend together, much less romantic time.
My mind would go into overdrive and think this is how some relationships start to break up. Then I thought, wait a minute. It's not always going to be the best of times. We're not always going to go at it hot and heavy. These are the times that the friendship comes in. We both worked so hard (in the beginning and every day) to build and maintain our friendship, that I realized, this too shall pass. The times we have spent were quality times. To hear his laugh, to talk, even just to sleep next to and not say a word; these are the moments that are important.
We have the type of relationship that in my opinion was, is and always will be. He's my best friend, my lover, my other half. With him, I'm complete. So instead of panicking and trying to prove something to myself, I relaxed and put my money where my mouth is. Every day I let him know just how much he means to me and how much I love him. So we don't talk as long as we used to. So we don't get to spend a lot of time together. So we're not knocking boots, getting the bed all wet and sweaty. This is only temporary. We're both in it for the long haul, so this is to be expected at some point. Once we get back into the swing of things, all will return to what they once were and we'll realize that ours is the kind of love that will last. I learned that as each other's half; together we are whole.
5 comments:
I love you guys,I been missing you on the train in the mornings as well. Feel better soon.
Hey Tasha - Happy New Year! Yea, I miss riding the train in the mornings with you too. You always make my day.
See you soon!
That's some hot shit...together you are a whole. I LOVE that!
Darius ~ Thanks it's a great feeling!
BTW, got the email and checking out the website. Can't wait to try out some recipes. Good luck!!
It's no nice to read about you 2 and realize that you really and truly love each other.
Post a Comment